Tennessee Collection and Debt Restructuring Attorney
More than 32 years of experience handling collection cases
Tom Lawless is trusted by clients to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. He has more than 32 years of experience providing his clients with legal advice and litigation services at every level of state and federal court. He has successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including banks, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accountants, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them.
A Nashville attorney committed to providing results
Tom Lawless can assist you if you need help with debt collection matters including:
- Debt restructuring for large financial transactions
- Commercial foreclosures
- Debt forebearance
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit/other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent or charges for apartments, condominiums and co-ops
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Replevin actions subject to creditors’ liens
- Breach of contract actions
He prides himself on providing an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, he also reviews his clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, Tom Lawless makes sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collection process
- Demand letter — Tom Lawless sends a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, Tom Lawless works with you to see if you want to discount the debt and to set up a payment schedule.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, Tom Lawless seeks your permission to file a lawsuit. Once suit is filed, he moves quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary he vigorously defends your right to collect payment.
- Judgment — A judgment gives Tom Lawless the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. He attaches liens on the debtor’s real estate and moves to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other source of income. If he cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, he can force the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment deposition to testify about the finances.
An experienced attorney. Proven results.
Put an end to your debtors’ excuses and make them pay what they owe. Call Tom Lawless today at 615-351-7839 or contact him online to schedule your free initial consultation.